Feminine facial hair…something all ladies have experienced and yet still feel embarrassed to talk about.
Like many, I’ve tirelessly tweezed, winced through the waxing sessions and lusted over the expensive laser treatments. That was until I found out about a new type of facial, dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning is a skin care treatment that removes dead skin cells and vellus hair, aka peach fuzz.
For my treatment I visited Katy Carter Beauty in Portsmouth. The session began with Katy giving me a full consultation to establish my skin needs and concerns.
Confident that this was the right therapy for me, Katy then used a small, sterile blade while holding the skin taut, swiping the blade in gentle upward motions. This sounds a lot scarier than it was. The process isn’t painful at all but instead similar to a light scratch.
Once Katy had removed the dead skin cells and excess hair it was time for the true pampering to begin with a kiwi and poppy seed facial mask. Whilst this set, I was then treated to a relaxing hand and arm massage before a facial and décolleté massage when the mask had been removed.
After the treatment Katy then showed me the results of the facial, my brighter, smoother, glowing, and more youthful skin.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
• Instantly reveals flawless, smooth, glowing skin
• Exfoliates the top layers of dulling dead skin cells and fine facial hair
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Cleanses the skin of oils and trapped dirt
• Can help to reduce the appearance of acne scarring
• Increases skin’s ability to absorb skin care products allowing active ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin
• Creates a perfect base for makeup application
• Zero down time, pain free and safe during pregnancy
For more information about Dermaplanning and Katy Carter Beauty click here